Prayer to Boost My Faith| Believing in God is a personal and significant journey. However, we find it difficult to truly trust God. We rely on our own power and the strength of others because we believe God does not care about us or is too sluggish to provide for us.
The Bible contains several prayers and verses that can help strengthen one’s faith. Here are some prayers and passages related to faith:
- Hebrews 11:1 (NIV): “Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.”
- Mark 9:24 (NIV): “Immediately the boy’s father exclaimed, ‘I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!'”
- Matthew 17:20 (NIV): “He replied, ‘Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, “Move from here to there,” and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.'”
- Psalm 46:10 (NIV): “He says, ‘Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.'”
- James 1:6-7 (NIV): “But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord.”
- Psalm 27:1 (NIV): “The Lord is my light and my salvation—whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life—of whom shall I be afraid?”
- Romans 10:17 (NIV): “Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ.”
- Ephesians 6:16 (NIV): “In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.”
- Psalm 91:2 (NIV): “I will say of the Lord, ‘He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.'”
- Philippians 4:6-7 (NIV): “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
These verses and prayers can provide inspiration and direction to individuals wishing to increase their faith and confidence in God.