Here are 10 Prayer For Depression with Key Scriptures: Isaiah 41:10 (NIV), 1 Peter 5:7 (NIV). In this hour of gloom and sorrow, Heavenly Father, we lift up those suffering from depression. Surround them with Your peaceful presence and presence. Bring light into their life, eliminating the darkness. Give them the courage to seek treatment and support. Please restore them joy and optimism through Your healing touch. Remind them of Your unwavering love in their darkest hours. We believe in Your ability to break the grip of depression. We pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Here are some key scriptures from the Bible for dealing with depression:
- Psalm 34:17-18 (NIV) “The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.”
- Psalm 42:11 (NIV) “Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.”
- Isaiah 41:10 (NIV) “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
- Matthew 11:28-30 (NIV) “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
- 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 (NIV) “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.”
- Philippians 4:6-7 (NIV) “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
- Psalm 147:3 (NIV) “He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.”
- 1 Peter 5:7 (NIV) “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.”
- Isaiah 40:31 (NIV) “But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”
- Romans 8:38-39 (NIV) “For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
In times of depression, these verses remind us of God’s love, comfort, and strength. They urge us to pray to Him, knowing that He is always listening and supporting us. May these verses provide hope and healing to people suffering from depression.